Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a wide range of clinics and healthcare services:
- Antenatal Clinic - patients are seen by the midwife. The midwife’s antenatal clinic is held on a weekly basis.
- Asthma Clinic - a weekly asthma clinic is run by one of our practice nurses on Monday afternoons by appointment only.
- Family Planning - all the doctors provide contraceptive care during surgery hours.
- Diabetic Clinic - this is run by one of our specialised practice nurses in conjunction with Dr Wade and Dr Bertram on a Tuesday afternoon and by the nurse only on Wednesday afternoons by appointment only.
- Minor Surgery - some of the partners perform minor surgery which is carried out in special clinics. Please make an appointment with a doctor in normal surgery to discuss this.
- Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) - one of our practice nurses runs a weekly clinic where patients who are on medication for coronary heart disease are monitored.
- Child Immunisations - we hold a weekly child immunisation clinic on Wednesday mornings.
- Travel Clinic - travel advice and vaccinations are available for patients registered with the practice. Please make an appointment at least six to eight weeks in advance of your holiday to ensure adequate cover, we have limited number of appointments for travel and if we cannot accommodate you in the required time we may refer you to the Masta Clinic at Gosport.
Please note that Measles and Hepatitis-A vaccinations may be considered for all of Europe.
The practice is a Yellow Fever Centre - a charge is applicable.
New Vaccination against Meningitis ACWY for School Leavers
- If you were born between 01-09-1996 and 31-8-1997 there is a new vaccination available to protect you against meningitis (inflammation of the brain) and septicaemia (blood poisoning) caused by meningococcal groups A, C, W and Y. Contracting the disease can lead to serious disabilities.
- If you are planning to go to university please make an appointment as soon as possible before leaving for university. You are more at risk of meningitis and septicaemia in the first weeks, when you mix with lots of new people.
- The vaccine will also boost your protection against Meningitis C - or Freshers Flu, and replaces the existing programme of immunisation against that strain alone. Contact the surgery to arrange an appointment with one of the practice nurses.
- If you are aged between 19 and 25 and are going to university for the first time you may also have the new Men ACWY vaccine - please contact the surgery to arrange an appointment.
- Influenza and Pneumonia - influenza vaccinations are particularly recommended for patients with heart, lung, liver or kidney disease, diabetes, residents of nursing and rest homes as well as those aged 65 and over and those for whom it may pose a medical risk. It is also available to all those who are the main carer for an elderly or disable person whose welfare may be at risk of the carer falls ill. A one-off pneumonia vaccination is also available to these patients. If you are eligible but are unsure if you have already had this vaccination please contact the surgery.
- Smoking Cessation - we have trained smoking cessation advisors in the practice who can offer support and advice on a one-to-one basis. Please make an appointment at reception.